Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ken Hirai Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

FAKIN' POP Album Sales Thread

+5
japjap
MagnaAngemon
KimJayson
Lucas Faith
minlilin
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

LNany

LNany
Ken Hirai Forum Moderator
Ken Hirai Forum Moderator

It's a fact that FAKIN' POP did not as great as his previous albums, but IMO that was kind of expected.

Also, i think it's important to remark that he's the 2nd solo male artist in 2008 ranking (the 1st one being Hideaki Tokunaga with just a few thousand more copies sold).

http://elblogdelny.com/

minlilin

minlilin

goldfinger wrote:Don't know how Ken feels but I am disappointed of this selling figure. Compared to his pervious albums since 2000, this one is really not doing well.
It would be interesting to see what his next move is.

I guess but you have to understand that 4 years ago physical CD sales were strong & good

somemore I think it did helped that his biggest hit to date , sales wise Hitomi wo Tojite was included in SENTIMENTALovers which pushed the album to become his best selling album to date which sold 1.6million + copies

the only big hit of sorts included in FAKIN' POP was POP STAR

I think it's not bad that he still can sell quite decently . I mean at least the album's certified double platinum by RIAJ so that's not so bad

Winter_Lin wrote:BUT IN MY OPINION,THIS ALBUM INCLUDING LOTS OF AMAZING SONGS.
BETTER THAN ALL OF HIS ALBUMS BEFORE.

SO I REALLY WANT TO KNOW THE REASON WHY THIS ALBUM DON'T SELLS WELL. Suspect

too many singles are being included in the album & the non singles are somewhat being overshadowed by the singles

LNany wrote:It's a fact that FAKIN' POP did not as great as his previous albums, but IMO that was kind of expected.

Also, i think it's important to remark that he's the 2nd solo male artist in 2008 ranking (the 1st one being Hideaki Tokunaga with just a few thousand more copies sold).

that's not so bad really

http://www.karenpang.blogspot.com

goldfinger

I know the physical CD sales are not as strong as before but that's not just affecting Ken only, that influence the whole industry.
Ken is definitely not a one-hit wonder and he's got real talent than most of the singers/idols nowadays. It's sad to see those who can't sing well occupy the top position all the time.
Hope it's just a phase and Ken will come back stronger.

minlilin

minlilin

goldfinger wrote:I know the physical CD sales are not as strong as before but that's not just affecting Ken only, that influence the whole industry.

Ken is definitely not a one-hit wonder and he's got real talent than most of the singers/idols nowadays. It's sad to see those who can't sing well occupy the top position all the time.

Hope it's just a phase and Ken will come back stronger.

I hope so but in a way it's his fault of sorts because to put out an album since 4 years ago , that's quite unheard of in the Japan music industry

goldfinger

But the fans should be hunger for his album since it's been years from the last album.
And Ken did release several singles in between so it's not like he had stopped releasing any songs during this period. Not under exposure imo.
Hmmm maybe the lyrics..or the plug songs are not that strong as before....and the MVs are not impressive.....

minlilin

minlilin

goldfinger wrote:But the fans should be hunger for his album since it's been years from the last album.
And Ken did release several singles in between so it's not like he had stopped releasing any songs during this period. Not under exposure imo.
Hmmm maybe the lyrics..or the plug songs are not that strong as before....and the MVs are not impressive.....

I think if you're a true blue Ken fan you might feel cheated when you buy FAKIN' POP especially if you buy his singles since almost 60% of the album he has put out prior to the release of the album

also probably a lack of new material attributes to the somewhat low sales of the album as well

& yeah the videos for the singles are not really that good aside from some & no it doesn't include fake star LOL

goldfinger

But are the other singers also put out over half the songs as singles before they release an album? Some even release several versions of the same song!
I won't feel cheated cos' that's what the jap. music industry has been doing for years.
I do feel his MVs somewhat can't enhance his songs (and might do the opposite to me)
He really needs some great MV directors to help.
And I think he needs to explore the lyrics world to tell more different stories.
Ultimately, luck plays an important role in showbiz!

minlilin

minlilin

goldfinger wrote:But are the other singers also put out over half the songs as singles before they release an album? Some even release several versions of the same song!
I won't feel cheated cos' that's what the jap. music industry has been doing for years.
I do feel his MVs somewhat can't enhance his songs (and might do the opposite to me)
He really needs some great MV directors to help.
And I think he needs to explore the lyrics world to tell more different stories.
Ultimately, luck plays an important role in showbiz!

that's true , I suppose it's a good thing that Ken still can sell quite decently right now despite the decline in physical CD sales & he has been in the business for 13 years & it's no mean feat .

I know some other acts who has been in the Japan music business shorter/longer than him but they don't have that much staying power as him

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum