Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ken Hirai Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

1st week sales of fakin' pop

+3
chanman
Lucas Faith
minlilin
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

minlilin

minlilin

I got this from LNany's blog .

*1 227,423 227,423 Kou Shibasaki - Single Best
*2 161,038 161,038 Ken Hirai - FAKIN’ POP
*3 *40,970 *40,970 Kou Shibasaki - The Back Best
*4 *34,724 *96,228 Celine Dion - Complete Best
*5 *31,555 *31,555 GARNET CROW - LOCKS
*6 *26,463 126,567 ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION - World World World
*7 *17,184 *71,284 Every Little Thing - Door
*8 *17,077 158,516 BoA - THE FACE
*9 *15,836 819,615 VA - R35 Sweet J-Ballads
10 *13,780 *13,780 ºC-ute - 3rd ~LOVE Escalation~

fakin' pop's sales are very encouraging , well done Ken .

man the gap between the 2nd & 3rd place is something O_O

Karen

http://www.karenpang.blogspot.com

Lucas Faith

Lucas Faith

The gap for the 2nd and 3rd places maybe is something, but the gap between the 1st and 2nd is still bugging me off
Hope Ken's okay with this Sad pale

https://www.facebook.com/ChangHQ?ref=profile

minlilin

minlilin

Lucas Faith wrote:The gap for the 2nd and 3rd places maybe is something, but the gap between the 1st and 2nd is still bugging me off
Hope Ken's okay with this Sad pale

I don't mind he minds especially since this's not the 1st time that didn't debut at no.1 for him .

anyway to me chart positions & the likes are nothing . What matters's the music even though it's as cheesy as it sounds .

I rather Ken put out a great album but with decent sales rather than a crap poor album but with great sales . It defeats the whole purpose of things to begin with .

Karen

chanman

chanman

I think Ken is one of those artist that make sales of albums even after it was released ages ago. What I mean is that, he has not really produced something that has reached #1 for a while and even before he got the #1 spot, it took him like 9 years. To me, i don't really think being #1 sales is their top priority compare to producing good music just to the fan base. After all, Ken is very talented and has a huge fan base. As long as his sales allow him to have enough money to carry on is all it matters right?

goldfinger

Very well said everyone!
It's true Ken's albums can make sales even after they were released years ago.
Can't say for sure Ken wouldn't be a bit disappointed by the 1st week result. But he's been in the showbiz long enough to survive this, I guess.
And I think he can learn something from the market. I am not saying he should have a drastic change. I like the way he is now (except for some of his MVs to which I think didn't help to enhance the songs at all) . But still I think he can learn more on how to balance between having a good sale and making the music he likes, hence plan his future move.
Anyway, wish him all the best!

KimJayson

KimJayson
Ken Hirai Forum Moderator
Ken Hirai Forum Moderator

Not bad for an album with half of the songs not new. The sales will increase as days pass by. Surprised

http://www.friendster.com/kimjayson

fanaticjans

fanaticjans

I think with him being in the industry for such a long time, the sales figure doesn't really matter to him.

In my opinion, the one that would really matter are the concerts attendance! Because he can see and feel from the fans and really judge it from there by himself.

Anyways, I think he did quite well for the first week! Considering how the Japanese are so in love with 'Best Of' albums and that this is his first album release after 3 years plus of on and off presence in the media, I THINK IT'S FINE!!

=DD

minlilin

minlilin

the point's despite being in the business for so long , to be able to still sell quite well at this point in time is already an achievement that couldn't really be accomplished when comes to other artistes who're in the business as long or even longer than Ken & that's already something good to sit back & reflect on .

lagmei

lagmei

fanaticjans wrote: In my opinion, the one that would really matter are the concerts attendance! Because he can see and feel from the fans and really judge it from there by himself.=DD

I definitely agree!! Quite a number of great artists in the past are big concert-sellers (both in Eastern and Western music industries),and concerts contribute to impressive revenue figures (not surprised that Cher made more by singing in Vegas after her last studio album release). In addition many are opting for digital downloads nowadays, so hard disc sales are just a reference to the overall receptions of the album.

Let's not forget 'tis the year-end season for many JPN record companies, hence they are boosting up last-minute sales figures for the year and artists (those who can sell well or/and those who can sing well) are jammed together to have releases. Cool Bloody battle, I say! But everyone comes off as a true hero... (well, maybe some selected individuals~~ Wink)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum