Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ken Hirai Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kumi Koda suspended for month

+2
Lucas Faith
Josuke
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Josuke

Josuke
Admin

Pop star Kumi Koda has found herself in trouble after making a careless remark on a radio show earlier this week. As a result, Koda will be putting all of her activities on hold for the time being.

The comment came on Tuesday night while Koda was hosting "All Night Nippon." The topic of her manager's marriage came up, and Koda was asked about when her manager was planning to have children. She made a seemingly light-hearted reply that "when women turn 35, their amniotic fluid goes rotten, so I'd like them to have a child by 35."

The inaccurate statement sparked a lot of criticism among listeners, particularly on the internet. Koda issued a public apology on Friday through the websites of Nippon Broadcasting System and Avex, but the damage had already been done. Cosmetics firm KOSE has temporarily removed her presence from its Visee site, and promotional events for her new album "Kingdom" have all been canceled. Koda was also scheduled to appear on a Tokyo FM show on Saturday, but she has been replaced by fellow Avex artist Ami Suzuki.

However, some of her television appearances will go on as planned, such as the already-recorded "Koi no Kara Sawagi" on Saturday and "Tetsuko no Heya" on Thursday.

According to Avex, the length of Koda's self-suspension has not yet been decided but is expected to last until the end of this month. Koda has a national tour scheduled to start in April, so she hopes to resume activities in time for rehearsals in mid-March.

https://kenhiraiforum.forumotion.com

Lucas Faith

Lucas Faith

my..my...what a harsh word to say.........
never expected something like that from Koda....lol

https://www.facebook.com/ChangHQ?ref=profile

thiris

thiris

wow some ignorant comment i suppose

i guess it's not intentional

minerva

minerva

well, more news about her suspension from www.tokyograph.com (credit all goes to tokyograph)

Fallout from Kumi Koda comment continues
Mon, February 4, 2008 (4:47pm EST)
Public anger over Kumi Koda's careless comment last week continues to run strong, while networks and advertisers scramble to distance themselves from the singer. It was already announced that cosmetics company KOSE removed her from its website, but several more firms have followed suit.

Kirin has halted its commercials for the chuhai brand Hyoketsu. The drink's website has been closed, as has Honda's ZEST Sports page. Gilette Japan (who was about to start a new campaign with Koda) and Morinaga Seika have also taken similar action.

On Sunday, NTV and Fuji TV aired episodes of "Koi no Karasawagi" and "Shin Domoto Kyodai" that included Koda. Fuji TV said that it received more than 100 complaints from viewers. Meanwhile, TV Asahi has decided to postpone its broadcast of a "Tetsuko no Heya" episode that was scheduled to air this Thursday.

Avex says that Koda is suspending activity at least until the end of this month, though it may last longer, depending on public opinion. It is also not clear yet whether her commercial campaigns will be revived in the future.

Despite the negative press, Koda's newly-released album "Kingdom" managed to take #1 on the charts for its initial week.

http://michannosekai.livejournal.com

chanman

chanman

I am very surprised that all of these things are going on because of a bad comment.

Must be hard to stay "GOOD" in the Japanese media...
It seems like you'll get ruined by saying something wrong...

Good to be an ordinary citizen. HAHA~

lagmei

lagmei

Very true... and also if any of you watches J-drama and knows about One Litre of Tears: the actress for Aya (Erika Sawajiri) is also on suspension for a whole year because of her cold attitude during one of her film premiere back in last September... I was a bit shocked as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum