Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ken Hirai Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

from japan

+6
KimJayson
chanman
thiris
竹天夂=
emmoliii
equillo
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26from japan - Page 2 Empty Re: from japan 09.09.08 17:11

equillo

equillo

Hi KimJayson:

So ,you are Philippino.and use "tagalo"right? i had a Philippina friend and she sometimes make us Philippin's sweets:banana frito,sweet coconutsmilk drink,bananacake with coco and more. Razz
we loved them very much.(but she's gone to USA・・・・)

i'd read that page:everbody can sing ken's song in japanese with it! great! and i read english transrations too, were so interesting for me. i found some strange part but not so inportant. thank you ~!!!!

Do you think that which lyrics are the most romantic?
And, I want to hear whether as for what you don't understand as a foreigner in his lyrics.

Shocked oh! I want to ask everyone this question.
is it better to put on the other board??

http://www.lastfm.jp/user/equillo

27from japan - Page 2 Empty Re: from japan 11.09.08 7:45

KimJayson

KimJayson
Ken Hirai Forum Moderator
Ken Hirai Forum Moderator

equillo wrote:Hi KimJayson:

So ,you are Philippino.and use "tagalo"right? i had a Philippina friend and she sometimes make us Philippin's sweets:banana frito,sweet coconutsmilk drink,bananacake with coco and more. Razz
we loved them very much.(but she's gone to USA・・・・)

i'd read that page:everbody can sing ken's song in japanese with it! great! and i read english transrations too, were so interesting for me. i found some strange part but not so inportant. thank you ~!!!!

Do you think that which lyrics are the most romantic?
And, I want to hear whether as for what you don't understand as a foreigner in his lyrics.

Shocked oh! I want to ask everyone this question.
is it better to put on the other board??

Hola amigo Equillo,
Yeah, I am a Filipino and I use Tagalog. Tagalog is a dialect of the Filipino language. You know, there are dozens of Filipino dialects like Hiligaynon, Bicolano, etc. Chabacano is a languange too in the Philippines and is the only Spanish-based creole in Asia.
Love the food you mentioned. Those are Filipino merienda treats. Love that!!!!
I am so glad you have a Filipina friend. So sad she is no longer with you and is in the US now. That's life! Good thing we are in the cyber age now. We can connect/communicate anywhere in the world. Gracias a Dios!
The English translations are so interesting. I love to read them over and over again. Of course there are strange parts but we cannot blame Ken. You know, you cannot translate word for word or meaning by meaning some of the Japanese lyrics. There are Japanese terms that have no equivalent in the English language. Japanese language is a very rich, molded and nourished by the Japanese people and several influences through the centuries. Atleast, wth the translations, we can have a good idea what message Ken really wants to convey in his songs. :-)
I find Hitomi really so romantic ( everytime I close my eyes......) whereas Elegy is the most passionate. Elegy gives me that chill other songs cannot. Precious Junk song describes me more of a person, who I am and where I want to be.... There are so much to get from Ken Hirai songs. One thing is for sure, I LUV them!!!!!

Kim Jayson

http://www.friendster.com/kimjayson

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum